This website is operated and controlled by Strathmore Hotels Ltd.
This Privacy Statement (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to within this Privacy Statement) sets out how we use any personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
Any information requested and gathered from you is done so for the purpose of allowing us to provide you with a comprehensive service, including the provision of further information which you have indicated might be useful.
The information we collect
We may collect, use and store the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us when searching for accommodation on our website or when you complete forms on our website, including where you sign up to receive our newsletter and communications regarding special offers and promotions;
- when you report a problem with our website;
- information that you provide when you make a booking enquiry on our website;
- information that you provide when you make a booking request via our website;
- if you contact us by phone, email, social media or otherwise with a general enquiry, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you provide when we contact you with regard to your booking enquiry, booking request or booking;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- details of your booking requests, including details of historic bookings and preferences.
The information you give us may include your name, email address, address and details of your payment card.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Third party personal information
If you provide us with personal information of another person, you confirm that you have informed them of our identity and the contents of this privacy statement, and that they have consented to you providing us with their personal information.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations under our terms and conditions, in order to manage your booking;
- to respond to your booking enquiries and booking requests;
- to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service or to our business services that may affect you;
- to improve service delivery;
- to contact you for the purposes of conducting research and surveys;
- to keep our website safe and secure;
- to comply with any legal obligations;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions;
- to send you our brochure via post and email communications with details on special offers and promotions; and
- to administer our loyalty scheme.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
When you make a booking with us, we will use your information in order to fulfil and manage your booking and perform our terms and conditions, which you agree to when making a booking. If you do not provide us with all of the information that we need from you then this may affect our ability to fulfil and manage your booking under our terms and conditions.
If you have booked accommodation with us (or have requested information be sent to you by post or email) we may provide to you details of similar services, or other services, that you may be interested in from other hotels in the Strathmore Hotels group or from our sister company, Strathmore Travel. We do this where it is in our legitimate interests to promote our services by sending you communications with information for with details on special offers and promotions and posting our brochure to you, where there is no disadvantage to you.
You may ask us at any time not to send you further information by writing to us at Customer Services, Strathmore Hotels, 116 Strathmore House, East Kilbride, G74 1LF or by emailing email@example.com or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option, which is within every electronic communication that we send to you. You may also send the brochure, with cover sheet included, with the words “Remove” written on it.
Storing your information
We may store the detail of information on secure servers for a period of time which reflects your continued interest in our products. It is not in our interests to retain your data indefinitely. We can assure you that any such data will be securely deleted when there is no further necessity to retain it.
We will review and possibly delete your personal information if you have not made a booking in seven years. Before we delete your personal information, we will contact you to confirm whether you would like your information to be retained on our database.
All customer information is stored securely in our head office computer servers and on our processors’ servers on our behalf. This equipment is technically managed by expert computer system engineers who constantly update safeguards to ensure the privacy and security of the contents and our processors are subject to contractual obligations to keep such information secure.
Sharing your information
We employ support partners, who act as processors of your personal information, for the purposes set out in this policy, including, but not limited to, our IT and mailing company suppliers.
We will never sell nor pass to third parties your personal information or credit card details. Any such details we need to keep are kept in our secure servers for our use only. Except to companies named and described in this policy, we will not pass your personal information to third parties.
Prior to any postal mailings, our mailing fulfilment company utilise Experian to run our database through the necessary checks including but not limited to, The Deceased Preference Service.
We may disclose your personal information in the event of an actual or alleged incident in one of our hotels to, for example, the policy, insurance companies and/or health and safety officers:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of the personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete such personal information;
- you have a right to object to or request that we restrict the processing of the personal information that we hold about you for specific purposes;
- if you wish us to delete the personal information that we hold about you, you may request that we do so;
- if you wish to obtain the personal information that we hold about you to reuse it for your own purposes, you may request that we do so; and
- where we undertake any automated decision-making and profiling, you have certain rights in relation to such processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above, this can be obtained by contacting us at:
Strathmore Hotels Limited
116 Strathmore House
Glasgow G74 1LF
Telephone 01355 266886
Fax 01355 260782
Any requests received by Strathmore Hotels will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
To offer a more comprehensive information service our website may contain links to other third party websites service. External links on the Strathmore Hotels website are selected and reviewed when the page is published and are chosen due to significance to each hotel or location. However, Strathmore Hotels are not responsible for the content of external websites.
The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).